We are excited to announce several new services and product enhancements that will be implemented in the coming months. These enhancements were designed with you in mind and based on what our clients told us they wanted to see. When fully implemented, these changes will provide even more convenience with new features in Bill Pay, Mobile Banking, and Instant Issue Debit Card. Along with convenience, new security features will be added to Internet Banking as well as debit and credit cards. Some of the enhancements and new services include:
Apple Pay is Here!
We now offer Apple Pay, and that means your CNB VISA Credit Card transactions can be simpler, more secure and more private than ever. Apple Pay is free and easy to use, simply register your CNB VISA Credit Card on your supported device and use it to pay at any participating merchant location.
Visit http://www.apple.com/apple-pay/ for instructions and a list of supported devices.
Visit http://www.apple.com/apple-pay/where-to-use-apple-pay/ for a list of participating merchants.
Our new GoMobile banking app is now available for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices. Redesigned with you in mind, this new app offers Touch ID Support for applicable devices, enhanced performance, and a new feature rich user interface. In addition, Mobile Deposit will be available in 2016 allowing you to conveniently deposit a check by simply snapping a photo of the check.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Our current GoMobile banking app will no longer work after December 31, 2015. You will need to download the new GoMobile banking app in order to access the new and improved mobile banking platform.
EMV Chip Technology
EMV is the global standard for credit and debit card payments whereby chip enabled cards are embedded with a micro-computer chip which stores card information and significantly increases security in the card-present environment. EMV takes its name from Europay, MasterCard, and Visa. Because EMV uses better data security, the standard is being adopted in the United States. Important dates regarding our EMV enhancements are:
- Credit Cards – The EMV credit cards were issued in mid-October 2015. Click here for more information on Chip Credit Cards.
- Debit Cards – We will begin issuing EMV debit cards in the first quarter of 2016.
Enhancements to bill pay were introduced on November 2, 2015, and include the following features:
- Pay a Person -Need to pay rent or the babysitter? This feature allows you to conveniently make person-to-person payments electronically to anyone you choose. Simply enter the necessary information and the funds will be deposited into the proper account electronically or, if necessary, the check will be mailed, saving you time and money.
- Transfer Money – Need to transfer funds between banks? This feature allows you to securely and easily transfer funds electronically from your deposit account at Citizens National Bank to accounts at other financial institutions.
- GiftPay – Need to send a graduate a graduation card and check? This feature provides a convenient and secure way to send a gift or donation with a personalized message to the recipient. The check will be mailed along with your message to the recipient and the funds are withdrawn when the check is cashed.
Your online security is important to us. In December 2015, we will begin implementing new enhanced login security features to protect you against online fraud. Upon your first access into Internet Banking, you will be prompted to select a “Watermark” image form hundreds of images available. This image will then always display during your login process and on each page of your Internet Banking access. This image will ensure that you have logged into a legitimate Bank site and not a fake site used by fraudsters to steal your online banking credentials or personal information. Should you not see your selected image during your login process, you should discontinue the login process and call the Bank immediately. During this time you may also be selected to re-establish your three (3) security questions.
Instant Issue Debit Card
With instant issue debit cards, you will not have to wait for your card to arrive in the mail. Visit any of our 19 convenient branch locations to receive your new card within minutes of account opening or replacement request. We plan to have this service available in fall 2016.